As retail continues to change, true omnichannel is key to the success of the business. The Talbots Stock Associate is responsible meeting the needs of customer demand through the receipt and transfer of inventory, stockroom organization, and care, assisting in the execution of visual merchandising, sales floor support, backroom duties, and other operational duties as assigned by management. In multiple location stores, the Sales Support Associate will perform these duties for both sites as assigned. This position functions in a supportive and productive manner, operating in the best interest of store performance and customer service, and may occasionally be asked to help customers on the sales floor.
Stockroom, Visual Merchandising and Sales Floor
- Processes all receipts and transfers accurately; an average of 4 boxes per hour is expected.
- Ensures merchandise is the sales floor ready according to visual guidelines. Assists with Brand moments, window displays, signage, visual merchandising changes etc.
- Follows all policies and procedures pertaining to customer sends, recalls, re-tickets, MOS and damages, and other operations as assigned. Communicates inventory discrepancies to management promptly
- Provide sales floor support and meets Talbots service standards in all customer contact. Sales support includes replenishment/stocking duties, mark-downs, fitting room duties, cash wrap/POS duties, etc.
- Maintains housekeeping and organizational standards in the stockroom as needed.
- Completes all other duties as assigned.
- Develops and maintains a positive working relationship with Management and co-workers.
- Adheres to Talbots dress code guidelines
- Attends and participates in all storewide meetings.
- This position may also be responsible for the principal accountabilities of the Sales Associate position as needed or assigned.
Policies and Procedures
- Supports and adheres to all company policies and procedures.
- Adheres to loss prevention policies and procedures and notifies management promptly of potential issues.
- Completes POS transactions and paperwork according to functions procedure as required.
- High School Degree
- Minimum of six months of experience in retail sales or shipping/stockroom.
- Requires good communication, organizational and computational skills; must be able to prioritize and handle situations with urgency as needed
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on the needs of the business including opening/closing shifts as well as weekends and holidays.
- Requires ability to move about in a store including standing, walking, kneeling, stooping, climbing ladders, using stairs, carrying, bending, stretching, twisting, or reaching out with the body, arms, or legs, pulling and lifting objects up to 40 pounds. Sometimes these movements are made quickly and repeatedly.
- Ability to navigate computer systems with intermediate computer and keyboarding skills.
- Ability to communicate professionally and in a timely manner with the Manager, customers, associates and corporate partners.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast paced, ever-changing environment.
- Must be outgoing and assertive with the ability to make decisions independently.
- Ability to partner with other store associates.
- Maintain professional appearance that reflects the brand image.
Note: This position description is intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by associates assigned to this job. It is not intended to be inclusive of all duties and responsibilities and is subject to change.