PeaceHealth - Bellingham, WA
PeaceHealth is seeking a Food Service Assistant (Per Diem) for a per diem, Variable shift position.
Req ID: 178335
This position is responsible for performing a variety of tasks which includes preparation, service, clean-up and delivery of food products in support of hospital food and catering service operations using HACCP guidelines for safe food handling.
- Prepare, mix, assemble, portion, serve, and store food following applicable guidelines.
- Operate dish machine, wash pots and perform heavy cleaning duties following safety and sanitation guidelines.
- Transport equipment, food, supplies and trash as directed.
- May act as cafeteria cashier/running the cash register.
- Follow guidelines for assigned station set-up and clean-up.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of one year previous work experience preferred. Retail food service experience preferred.
- Valid Food Handlers Card.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of proper food handling and sanitation.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to effectively communicate in order to effectively and safely perform the functions of this role.
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
St. Joseph Medical Center:
- May take electronic meal orders from patients in person and over the phone using an electronic table and associated software that specifies patient’s specific dietary options.
- Delivers and retrieves patient trays. Rounds with the patient to ensure their experience was satisfactory.
- Delivers snacks, nourishments and tube feeding to patient care units.
- May be expected to pass electronic tablet competency testing within orientation period
- May be expected to pass competency testing on basic nutrition and special diet orders within the orientation period.
ST. JOSEPH PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work may require moderate physical exertion more than 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to skin or lung irritants; extreme cold or heat; sharp instruments such as kitchen knives, scalpels, etc.; or dangerous equipment.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
There may be more than one opening on this posting.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, WA, is a not-for-profit Catholic health system employing approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 1,200 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities in Washington, Oregon, Alaska. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, the legacy of its founding Sisters continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
Get a feeling for the Spirit of PeaceHealth through this three-minute video, and visit us on Facebook or LinkedIn! We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment!
Location: Bellingham, St. Joseph Medical Center (216)
Job Category: Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support
Shift Length: 10 Hours
Work Type: Per Diem/Relief
Hourly compensation starts at: $13.54, more depending on experience
Required Certifications/Licensure: Food Handlers Card - Washington
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran, qualified individual with a disability, race, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.