PeaceHealth - Longview, WA
PeaceHealth is seeking an experienced Cook for a per diem role in Food & Nutrition department at St. John Medical Center. Will receive an additional 10% pay in lieu of benefits.
Req ID: 178931
This position is responsible for using HACCP guidelines for safe food handling to plan, prepare and cook food according to recipe and production standards to support the hospital patients, medical staff, caregivers, volunteers and visitors.
1. Accurately follow and prepare recipes.
2. Prepare hot and cold food according to the recipe and following production and food styling guidelines taking into consideration customer/patient counts.
3. Maintain proper food handling techniques. Properly clean and sanitize work station according to safety and sanitation guidelines.
4. Organize, calculate and produce food production.
5. Maintain appropriate records according to regulatory and departmental standards.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (required unless otherwise noted)
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of two years’ experience as cook in a hospital or full service kitchen preferred or combination of experience and formal culinary training that provides the caregiver with the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job will be considered.
- Valid Food Handlers Permit on file with Food Service Department.
- Culinary certificate preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of proper food handling and sanitation
- Ability to work well with others
- Proficient in MS Office applications
COMMUNITY/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
St. John Medical Center
- Position is represented by SEIU
- Two years previous experience cooking in an institutional or full-restaurant-style service is required.
- Knowledge and understanding of proper food handling and sanitation is required.
At St. Johns Medical Center, St. Joseph Medical Center Sacred Heart Medical Center-RB and Sacred Heart Medical Center-UD, this position is represented by the SEIU union.
LONGVIEW PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work requires moderate physical exertion from 34 to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to skin or lung irritants; extreme cold or heat; sharp instruments such as kitchen knives, scalpels, etc.; or dangerous equipment.
- Job duties occasionally require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (less than 34% of work time).
There may be more than one opening on this posting.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, WA, is a not-for-profit Catholic health system employing approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 1,200 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities in Washington, Oregon, Alaska. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, the legacy of its founding Sisters continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
Get a feeling for the Spirit of PeaceHealth through this three-minute video, and visit us on Facebook or LinkedIn! We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment!
Location: Longview, LCR Delaware Campus (103)
Job Category: Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support
Shift Length: Variable
Work Type: Per Diem/Relief
Hourly compensation starts at: $17.78, more depending on experience
Required Certifications/Licensure: Food Handlers Card - Washington
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran, qualified individual with a disability, race, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.