DraftKings - Boston, MA
What You'll Do As A Principal Software Engineering in Architecture:
- Help lead the definition and implementation of the standards, guidelines and tech plan reviews
- Provide project oversight, code and design review leadership
- Work very closely with the director in implementation of the roadmap and in leading POCs
- Hands on coding and whiteboard-session leadership
- Lead the maintenance, implementation and improvement of the core infrastructure components
- Work with teams to identify software in their products that can be componentized for company-wide reuse
What Skills You Will Use:
- The ability to lead by influence rather than by directing
- Experience designing and implementing scalable, fault-tolerant, cloud-based distributed systems - preferably in the public cloud (AWS, Azure or Google Cloud)
- Experience with micro-services architectures
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins/Octopus/Bamboo, ELK
- Experience working with CI/CD process and tools, testing frameworks and practices
- A background in object-oriented programming in a language such as Java, C#
- Experience with technologies and patterns such as circuit-breaking, backpressure/streaming and message queues, distributed caching
- The ability to understand, debug and improve complex asynchronous code
- An understanding of data pipelines, lineage and preferably some experience with technologies such as databricks, data factory, AWS Data Pipeline, apache atlas, spark
- An understanding of the different data structures/systems such as No-SQL vs SQL/relational, data lakes, data warehouses and how/when each might be appropriate
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.