Sodexo Hourly Jobs - Flagstaff, AZ
Audio Visual Technician
The Audio Visual Technician is responsible for setting up, installing, operating, testing, and troubleshooting audio and video equipment. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client requirements.
- Assists in audio-visual productions by working with producers and directors on the design, installation, and positioning of sets and props, as directed.
- Delivers, sets up, tests, and operates audio-visual equipment for organization meetings.
- Maintains equipment and troubleshoots equipment problems.
- Coordinates equipment operation by lifting and moving of equipment from one area of the facility to another.
- Installs and operates equipment such as microphones, VCRs, DVDs, TV monitors, overhead projectors and computers.
- May advise speakers and presenters on media alternatives.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Applies all applicable OSHA and related local safety requirements to all assigned work.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience.
- 0 to 2 years of related work experience.
- Ability to present self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
- Ability to maintain a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers and client representatives.
- Ability to provide clear directions and respond accordingly to employees.
- Ability to use all relevant electronic and communication devices.
- Knowledge of and proficiency in all OSHA and local requirements related to all assigned work.
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity in light of Sodexo time and attendance policy and/or client operating hours.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses.
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
Working Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work location):
- Generally in an indoor setting; however, may participate in outside activities and events.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and extended hours as business dictates.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- Wears protective clothing and/or Personal Protective Equipment required by the work environment or governmental regulations.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.