Sodexo - Jacksonville, FL
The Receptionist Unit will operate multi-line telephone system to answer incoming calls and completes a variety of administrative duties. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client requirements.
- Answers inquiries from visitors and employees entering the establishment.
- Greets and maintains a log of visitors.
- Answers telephone calls and provides information regarding activities conducted at the establishment.
- Alerts appropriate party of visitor arrival.
- Locates departments, offices, employees, or patients within the organization.
- Provides information concerning services and receives and answers requests for information from customers and employees.
- May request identification from persons entering the establishment.
- May provide additional clerical assistance.
- May seek additional guidance/support as needed.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Applies all applicable OSHA and related local safety requirements to all assigned work.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience.
- 0 to 2 years of related work experience.
- Ability to present self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
- Ability to maintain a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers and client representatives.
- Ability to provide clear directions and respond accordingly to employees.
- Must have basic phone and computer skills (email, texting, etc.).
- Good attention to detail.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Excellent oral, written, organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work well alone and in a team.
- Knowledge of and proficiency in all OSHA and local requirements related to all assigned work.
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity in light of Sodexo time and attendance policy and/or client operating hours.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses.
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
Working Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work location):
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be exposed to heat/cold.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends, and extended hours as business dictates.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.