Samsara - San Francisco, CA
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised over $530M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, and Dragoneer.
Samsara’s Industrial team operates as a startup within a startup and is designed to iterate quickly to deliver new products for new customers across industries including manufacturing, food and beverage, energy, and utilities. We are building easy to manage, easy to deploy, massively scalable,
internet-connected sensors to create real business outcomes for our customers: reduced maintenance costs, less downtime, increased efficiency, higher throughput, and better customer service.
As a Samsara Product Marketing Manager, you will wear many hats while developing the voice of the industrial team to our customers and partners.
We are seeking a creative strategist and hands on marketer who will help us:
- Refine and articulate the business value proposition to customers and partners
- Bring new products and features to market
- Ensure that our customers adopt, engage with, and perceive value in our product
- Enable our sales and growth team to bring our product story to life, across every channel, in
every stage of the buyer & customer journeys
PMM will work on:
- Deeply understanding our customers’ needs, market dynamics, and competitive landscape
- Translating product capabilities into simple, compelling messages that resonate and stories that
stick, on launch days and beyond
- Producing scalable materials for end-customers and sales. These will include product datasheets,
pitch decks, website updates, event support, internal training materials, newsletters, etc.
- Championing our customers’ needs to inform product strategy / roadmap
- Partnering with the growth team to amplify our message and drive effective campaigns
- Measuring the effectiveness of our work
- Championing, role modeling, and embedding Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
We pride ourselves on being:
- Fluent in the language of our customers
- Lifelong learners who apply first principles thinking to solve problems
- Excellent cross-functional collaborators who inspire confidence and trust
- Engaging storytellers who can translate complex concepts into messages that are engaging,
simple, and human
- Thinkers and doers who obsess equally over the big picture and little details, and aren’t afraid to
roll up our sleeves to get things done
- Fun :)
An ideal candidate would:
- Excellent communication and storytelling (written, verbal, and visual)
- Strong organizational skills, ability to handle projects end-to-end
- Analytical chops to understand customer data and business challenges, and measure the
effectiveness of marketing programs
- Experience working with technical products (prior work in a technical environment, side projects
hacking on arduinos, engineering coursework, or similar experience)
- 3-6 years experience in marketing, product management, or similar
- Experience in a B2B technology environment is nice to have
- Bachelor's degree or higher
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.