Endurance - Waltham, MA
Are you passionate about technology and staying up-to-date on industry trends? Do you consider yourself an advocate for change and eager to step outside your comfort zone? As a Principal Software Engineer, you will be a crucial member of our agile team, working with innovative tools, processes and people to engineer web applications that are distributed and consumed on a massive scale.
What you’ll do:
- As part of a cross-functional, full stack scrum team provide technical direction for and be a key contributor to the development of new features that allow our customers to grow and manage their lists of contacts
- Collaborate with architects and other senior members of the team to re-architect one of Constant Contact’s core components
- Collaborate with Product Management and UX to understand the business needs and find the best technical solution for meeting those needs
- Mentor others on best practices, architecture, and development
- Stay on top of industry trends and ensure the team appropriately utilizes the latest technologies and best practices
- Be a key contributor to the creation of a long-term, scalable architecture.
Who you are:
- 10+ years developing large scale applications on both the front-end
- Experience with Backbone, Marionette or equivalent framework
- Experience with Protractor, RSpec or equivalent integration test framework
- Experience with unit testing and test driven development
- Experience working with Git in a CI/CD environment
- Proven ability to design future-proof, maintainable, large scale systems
- Ability to articulate engineering design strategies related to scalability, performance, security, usability, and development platforms
- Ability to lead as part of a highly collaborative Agile team
- Strong collaboration and influence skills
- Strong focus on team effectiveness, results and customer success
- Self-motivated individual who proactively identifies team bottlenecks and works with the team to resolve them
- Passionate about technology and staying up to date on industry trends
- Strong commitment to continuous improvement for self and team
Why you’ll love us:
- It’s all onsite. We have dry cleaning, a barber shop, a full service cafeteria, an even Boston Sports Clubs (at a discounted rate for our fitness fanatics!). Get your errands done before you even hit your desk in the morning.
- Abundant fun. Golf Club, kickball and softball leagues, Mario Kart and bubble hockey tournaments, three wheeler races, and Friday beer cart - there’s a way for everyone to let loose.
- Local pride. We’re wicked proud, which means when any of our teams - Bruins, Patriots, Red Sox, Celtics, and Revolution - kick off their season, you can bet there’s going to be a party to cheer them on. Go ahead and wear your jersey to work.
- Dine al fresco. Our gorgeous patios make for rejuvenating lunch and coffee breaks.
- We have a nine foot T Rex, but he’s friendly. On your first day, keep a lookout for our informal mascot - a giant T Rex, who roams the office, squatting with a new team every now and then.
- It’s super easy to get here. We offer a subsidized shuttle from the Alewife T stop if you prefer public transportation, and we have plenty of free onsite parking, too.
- We’ve got you covered. From 401k, generous PTO, tuition reimbursement, casual dress code and excellent medical, dental, and vision - we’re there for you!
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.