Republic Schools - Jackson, MS
Who We Are
RePublic Schools is a network of high-performing public charter schools based in Nashville, TN and Jackson, MS with a mission to reimagine public education in the South and prepare all of our scholars to graduate from college. In addition to providing a world-class traditional academic curriculum, we empower our students to be change-makers by teaching them to code – starting in the 5th grade.
Despite the fact that our scholars come from traditionally underserved communities (approximately 85% identify as low-income, and nearly 95% as students of color), we have seen them defy the odds to achieve outstanding results. RePublic’s schools have scored in the top 5% of all open-enrollment public schools across the state of Tennessee for both student growth and absolute achievement – making ours the first (and only) charter schools in state history to achieve this dual distinction.
At RePublic, we cultivate a cohesive community of families, staff, and scholars committed to doing whatever it takes to ensure our scholars succeed. We are searching for an intelligent, passionate, gritty, and hard-working Paraprofessional ready to lock arms with the teams in Jackson, MS for the 2018-2019 school year. Candidates must have an unwavering belief that urban youth can achieve greatness, and that every child in our school can — and will — graduate from college.
Who You Are:
- A genuine believer that all students can achieve academic excellence
- A growth-minded tinkerer who is constantly learning and hungry for feedback
- A data-driven analyst who reflects, problem-solves, and takes action based on results
- An optimist who supports and motivates your teammates by having their back
- A proactive communicator who reaches out to students, families, and teammates
What You'll Do:
- Assist the Special Education Teacher and General Education teacher in instruction for scholars with developmental disabilities in the classroom
- Provide 1-on-1 support to scholars in a classroom setting
- Provide intense monitoring of student behavior as indicated on the student’s Individual Educational Program (IEP) and Behavior Intervention Plan (BIP)
- Facilitate communication, promote independence, and increase the social, academic, and self-help skills of students
- Support specified students during unstructured times throughout the school day (i.e. transitions)
- Participate in Special Education/Student Supports meetings and Team meetings as needed
- Uphold other periodic responsibilities requested by the School Team, such as providing Student Supports testing coverage
Paraprofessionals who provide instructional services must have done one of the following to meet the highly qualified requirements:
- Completed two years of study at an institution of higher education; or
- Obtained an associate’s or higher degree; or
- Passed a test that demonstrates knowledge of and the ability to assist in the instruction of reading, writing, and mathematics; or
- Completed an assessment of content competence developed by the Local Education Agency (LEA) and approved by the Mississippi Department of Education (MDE)
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.