Samsara - San Francisco, CA
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised over $530M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, and Dragoneer.
Samsara hardware products are plug and play, and core to the product portfolio. The hardware team is responsible for industrial design, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, and supply chain. Everyone here has a big impact on bringing products to market. We focus on the key creative/design/problem-solving and bolster our development resources with top JDMs, toolmakers, and suppliers. We are hiring for various experience levels.
An Electrical Engineer may work on:
- Research: Stay abreast of the latest silicon possibilities from all the top semiconductor companies.
- Architect: Evaluate system feature tradeoffs and create the system specifications for development with FW, and the product design teams.
- Prototype: Assemble EVKs, board hacks, or quick-turn fabrication for evaluating concepts or jump-starting firmware development.
- Design: Take a concept from block diagram to schematics and though layout; either on your own or navigate the process with JDM resources.
- Test: Create a validation plan for each phase of the product development through PVT and characterize the full electrical system for function, power, and use-cases.
- Manage: We partner with top JDM companies to design, validate, certify and manufacture quality products
- Championing, role modeling, and embedding Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
An ideal candidate has:
- BS or MS degree in Electrical Engineering
- 3 to 8 years of relevant experience in product development (commercial or consumer)
- Solid fundamentals in digital and analog circuit and system design
- Experience with battery-powered devices and wireless is preferred
- Strong schematic capture and system debug experience
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.