Samsara - San Francisco, CA
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised over $530M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, and Dragoneer.
The Business Systems Engineer at Samsara will focus on architecting, developing, deploying, and supporting Samsara’s business applications. Depending on the problem, work will include advanced software configuration, customization, or custom system integration. You will be collaborating with all internal teams to define specifications and develop solutions, in addition to working with other scaling engineers. This position is based in our San Francisco HQ.
In this role, you will:
- Create detailed specifications for business applications/connections
- Build internal solutions that automate business processes using any combination of custom front-ends, Cloud applications, back-end services, scripts, connectors, etc.
- Integrate third party products into internal systems as well as support and upgrade implemented systems.
- Maintain highest levels of development practices including: Technical design; solutions development; systems configuration; test documentation/execution; issue identification and resolution.
- Conduct regular and systematic end to end testing, locate potential problems, and solve them in an efficient manner.
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
An ideal candidate has:
- BS degree (or higher) in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience implementing, customizing and integrating third-party applications within Finance, Supply Chain, HR, Marketing
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.