Samsara - San Francisco, CA
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised over $530M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, and Dragoneer.
Are you excited to be the voice of Samsara’s technology and to help propel its rapid growth? Samsara’s innovative platform brings the benefits of sensor data to traditional industries like transportation, food production, energy, and water. We are seeking a creative strategist who will help us:
- Bring new products and features to market;
- Ensure that our customers adopt, engage with, and perceive value in our product;
- Enable our sales and marketing teams to bring our product story to life, across every channel, in every stage of the buyer & customer journeys
Senior PMM will work on:
- Deeply understanding our customers’ needs, market dynamics, and competitive landscape
- Translating product capabilities into simple, compelling messages that resonate and stories that stick, on launch days and beyond
- Producing scalable materials for end-customers and sales. These will include website updates, videos, pitch decks, event support, internal training materials, newsletters, etc.
- Partnering with the marketing team to amplify our message, drive product demand, increase product adoption & engagement, and provide customer education
- Championing our customers’ needs to inform product strategy / roadmap
- Measuring the effectiveness of our work
- Championing, role modeling, and embedding Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
We pride ourselves on being:
- Fluent in the language of our customers
- Lifelong learners who apply first principles thinking to solve problems
- Excellent cross-functional collaborators who inspire confidence and trust
- Engaging storytellers who can translate complex concepts into messages that are engaging, simple, and human
- Thinkers and doers who obsess equally over the big picture and little details, and aren’t afraid to roll up our sleeves to get things done
- Fun :)
An ideal candidate would:
- Excellent communication and storytelling (written, verbal, and visual)
- Strong organizational skills, ability to handle projects end-to-end
- Analytical chops to understand customer data and measure the effectiveness of marketing programs
- Experience working with technical products (prior work in a technical environment, side projects hacking on arduinos, engineering coursework, or similar experience)
- 5-8 years experience in marketing, product management, or similar
- Experience in a B2B technology environment is nice to have
- Bachelor's degree or higher
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.