Samsara - San Francisco, CA
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised over $530M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, and Dragoneer.
As a Product Designer at Samsara, you will design features and user interfaces that our customers use every day to run their infrastructure. We’re looking for someone who is excited to shape the experience of our products for people across the country. This involves talking to users, working with engineers and product managers to understand problems, rapidly designing and iterating on mocks and user flows, and communicating ideas effectively to stakeholders. You will lead the entire design process but also have other designers to collaborate with to ensure a consistent and cohesive product experience.
A Senior Product Designer may work on:
- A dashboard for customers to optimize fuel usage over a fleet of vehicles that drives a million miles per week
- A mobile app that eliminates thousands of pieces of paper logs for each individual customer by letting drivers log and certify hours electronically
- An internet-connected dashcam product that improves fleet safety by preventing accidents, coaching unsafe drivers, and exonerating drivers from false complaints
- Championing, role modeling, and embedding Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
An ideal candidate would:
- Have 5+ years of industry experience
- Enjoy understanding our users and what would make their day to day processes easier
- Have a portfolio showcasing excellent design skills, product thinking, and problem solving
- Seek to iterate on new products based on customer feedback
- Be experienced with prototyping as a means to explore and convey design solutions
- Show excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be humble and motivated to ship the best product
- Demonstrate proficiency with HTML/CSS
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.