Samsara - San Francisco, CA
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised over $530M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, and Dragoneer.
As a software engineer focusing on full-stack at Samsara, you will design and develop features across a broad surface area with a tangible impact on active and future customers. You’ll tackle engineering challenges ranging from architecting data structures for mass data collection to presenting data analytics in intuitive and performant ways on web and mobile.
We use Golang for our backend, Typescript and React for our web client, GraphQL to fetch data from our backend, and React Native for our mobile app. Direct experience with these technologies is not required.
A Full-stack Engineer might work on:
- A system that optimizes routes for fleets of vehicles that drive a million miles per week
- Live rendering and animating thousands of vehicles concurrently on country-scale maps
- Video processing and automatically classifying dangerous driving behavior with our internet-connected dashboard camera
- Using driving quality metrics computed from vehicle sensor data to gamify the driver experience
- Creating a driver messaging platform end to end, from bringing up services to staged mobile app rollouts
- Championing, role modeling, and embedding Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
An ideal candidate would:
- Have built or worked on production applications
- Enjoy understanding our users and what would make their day to day processes easier to manage
- Love shipping features that are immediately used by our customers
- Seek to iterate on new products based on customer feedback
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.