Samsara - San Francisco, CA
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised over $530M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, and Dragoneer.
About Samsara: Samsara is an Internet of Things (IoT) company that transforms data from Internet-connected sensors into immediately actionable insights for transportation, logistics, and industrial applications. By combining plug-and-play sensors, wireless connectivity, real-time GPS, cameras, and rich cloud-hosted software, Samsara’s integrated platform empowers manufacturers and fleets to boost operational efficiency, increase safety, simplify regulatory compliance, and enhance customer service.
About the Role: Interested in joining a top notch marketing team? Are you EXTREMELY detail oriented and organized? We are looking for an energetic, highly organized, A-player who loves a fast paced, high performing environment and thrives on results. In this role, you will meticulously plan, execute & measure field events for prospective Samsara customers. You will also have the chance to travel and interact with prospective customers at the events you plan, and engage in meaningful conversations as you educate our market on Samsara!
Field & Event Marketing Manager will work on:
- Responsible for end-to-end field event program planning, project management, and logistics from initial planning to post-event program follow up. This includes shipping, transportation, vendor management, event budget, sales enablement, data cleansing/tracking, measurement, and maintenance of all assets.
- Facilitate timely lead processing within SFDC, measure event impact, and develop post-event reports and insights including data cleansing, creating reports and campaigns, closed/won opportunity data capture, and campaign metric tracking.
- Own project management tools, documentation, event calendar, and process used for managing Event Marketing programs & tradeshows.
- Drive excellence in the field event discipline, deliver events that impress and stand out from the ordinary, and do so at a scale that can connect with the breadth and personality of our audience.
- Manage event budget; evaluate results against goals, and generate learnings for improvement.
An ideal candidate will:
- 3-5 years of experience in event/field marketing and project management
- 2+ years of marketing for B2B high-tech products/solutions
- 2+ years experience using SFDC
- Experience using a marketing automation platform (Marketo, Hubspot, etc)
- 30-40% travel required for trade shows and other live events
- Strong communication, negotiation, and budget-management skills, with the ability to work across all levels of an organization
- Extraordinary attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a rapidly changing environment and run multiple concurrent project demands within established timelines
- Passion for results, measurement and optimization to continuously drive ROI
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.