Sony PlayStation - Los Angeles, CA
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Engine/Pipeline Programmer
We are God of War! Join us!
You’re into games – you love making them, you love collaborating to make them. You spend your time figuring out how to best get outstanding content into games by designing and building efficient tools and pipelines.
And you are talented and motivated, with tons of initiative. You get things done. Sound interesting? If so, give us a shout.
AND NOW A WORD FROM MANAGEMENT…
- Research, define, extend, and maintain production pipelines, processes, and workflows
- Interface with stakeholders. Liaise between team members; drive collaborative projects
- Identify problems; solve them: implement robust, high-quality solutions
- Profile and optimize software systems to remove bottlenecks and improve performance
- Refine content creation workflows
- Mentor and guide team members in areas of expertise; instill best practices
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Graphic Art or a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum five years of professional programming experience
- Expertise in C/C++ required, Python / PySide and MEL highly desirable
- Solid understanding of 3D math
- Professional experience demonstrating proficiency in algorithm design, understanding of complexity, and software architecture and design
- Extensive knowledge of 3D authoring packages (e.g. Maya or 3DS Max) and CG
- Ability to write clean, maintainable and extensible code with attention to reusability
- Enthusiasm and initiative
- Excellent spoken and written communication
- Good collaborator within a large, diverse team
We value talent, self-motivation, and team spirit. In turn, we provide an environment with a large degree of freedom and autonomy.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.