Chewy - Dania Beach, FL
Chewy is hiring an enthusiastic and analytical Category Manager for our headquarters in Dania Beach, FL. The successful candidate will be the main point of contact for several vendor partners and focus on managing the business relationship, including improving business terms to drive sales and margin improvements. The ideal candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication, strong negotiations experience, the ability to analyze and communicate complex terms, margin structure and work well across other teams including Finance and Inventory Management. They'll have strong presentation and organizational skills. The successful candidate will be flexible, creative, analytical, and able to drive negotiations through to completion. Keys to success also include strong ownership values, a passion for innovation, and hustle.
What you'll do:
- Integrate economic analysis and merchandising instincts into a cohesive category strategy.
- Conduct research, collect and process economic and statistical data, monitor economic trends, analyze data, and develop forecasts for our online business.
- Maximize product category sales by driving strong marketing promotions, negotiating with vendor partners to maximize selection, and reacting to industry-related economic trends.
What you'll need:
- BA/BS with minimum of 5 years in buying, account management, product management, category management, financial analysis or MBA degree with previous relevant experience (consulting work preferred)
- Minimum of 2 years negotiation experience
- Proficient in Excel
- Must be willing to travel (minimal)
- An accomplished range of skill from high-level strategic thinking to working with external partners.
- Demonstrated excellent business judgment with strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical abilities and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to use both formal and informal influencing skills across Chewy’s cross-matrix organization is critical to success in this role.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects - prioritization, planning and task delegation.
- Track record of taking ownership and driving results in an environment where tactical and strategic activities are expected to be driven in parallel.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.