Chewy - Boston, MA
Do you love all things cloud? Do words like Lambda and EKS excite you? Well we have a great opportunity for you working as a Cloud Engineer in our Boston, MA office! As Chewy continues our journey into the public cloud space, we are seeking a Cloud Engineer that will serve as a technical thought leader and SME for our public cloud (AWS) adoption. You will be paired with software engineering teams that builds automation and services in order to make operating a large-scale distributed system simple. Partner with software developer leader to enable ensure that development software and systems management integrate together and achieve their objectives of reliability and scalability. Come join us on the amazing chance to reshape Chewy technology!
What you'll do:
- Design, and implement cloud-based solutions for AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform
- Support of local operations and development teams in their work on databases, back-end software development, front-end websites, and other mission-critical systems
- Take part in cloud readiness assessments, workshops, roadmap, and application modernization discussions
- Develop automated solutions to monitor and support our software development and release processes
What you'll need:
- Public Cloud infrastructure expertise:
- Primary: Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Secondarily: Azure, Google Cloud Platform
- Background in DevOps, Software Development, Site Reliability, or Systems Engineering
- Working knowledge of Terraform, Vault, Auth0 and other DevOps/Service tools
- Experience with configuration management and continuous deployment
- Experience working with multiple data centers and servers
- Linux System Administration, ideally CentOS, RedHat or SuSE
- Apache, PHP, Java and PostgreSQL a plus
- Familiarity with TCP/IP protocols and applications
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated technical leadership
- Position may require travel
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.