Chewy - Clayton, IN
Are you a transitioning Military Veteran with 3 - 6 months remaining on Active Duty? You can join our Military Veterans Community to learn more about Chewy and Operations Management while preparing to transition. Our recruiters will review your resume and connect with you for future opportunities.
Chewy, the fastest growing e-commerce business in the market today, is seeking passionate and self-motivated Military Veterans to join our growing Operations team. If you have a relentless drive, proven leadership skills, and a quantitative mindset ready for a new challenge to accelerate your personal growth, Chewy may be the right environment to enhance your career success while boldly innovating how we “wow” our customers and team members. Our leaders are critical in executing fast paced, high volume operations to ensure Chewy is taking care of the people who take care of pets. Do you have what it takes for this once in a lifetime opportunity?
What You'll Do:
- Provide hands-on, field-based leadership while progressing through assignments as an Area Manager with 45 team members and maturing to roles of greater responsibility
- Manage the inbound, outbound, and inventory control activities within one of our Fulfillment Centers (FC) to ensure timely picking, packing, and shipping of customer orders while maintaining on-time shipments and minimal shipment defects
- Cultivate and maintain a safe work environment for all team members within our Fulfillment Centers
- Mentor, train, and develop your fellow team members to support career progression and learning
- Create a positive team dynamic that encourages all employees in the FC to provide feedback, drive change, and stay focused on the customer experience
- Drive continuous improvement in safety, quality, cost, and delivery while growing and expanding capabilities within the FC
- Assist with design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, and dashboards to drive key business decisions
- Analyze and solve problems at their root while simultaneously stepping back to understand the broader context
What You'll Need:
- Extensive military leadership experience, serving as an E5 with 3 years time in grade, SNCO, or Officer
- Proven experience of effectively managing large groups of 35 or more team members
- Strong written, verbal, analytical and problem-solving skills at the tactical and strategic levels
- Ability to effectively operate both independently and as part of a team
- Strong project management and continuous improvement skills
- Successful candidates must have the flexibility to work NIGHTS and/or WEEKENDS
- Must be able to lift up to 49 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation
- Must be able to stand and /or walk for up to 10 hours daily
- Must be willing to travel (10%)
What Separates You From The Pack:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university
- Certification or experience in Lean Six Sigma and/or Green Belt
- Unwavering curiosity, a bias for action, and the drive to deliver value
- A passion for winning and an understanding that you can always do better
- Proven ability to look for solutions in unconventional ways. Seeing opportunities to innovate and lead the way
- Ability to work with shifting deadlines in a fast-paced, high volume environment
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.