Chewy - Dania Beach, FL
Chewy seeks a passionate Senior Accountant to join our expanding corporate accounting team based in our Dania Beach, FL Headquarters. This is a key position on the Accounting team. In this position, you will see and participate in many facets of corporate accounting and gain invaluable experience as we drive to new levels in this fast-growing and evolving eCommerce pace-setter. You will be learn first-hand and have the opportunity to expand your skill set quickly while impacting operations with your innate desire to simplify, automate and drive results, while raising the yield of a world-class accounting organization.
What you'll do:
- Prepare general ledger entries by maintaining records and files
- Play a key role in the monthly accounting close; recommend improvements in process
- Assist with technical accounting research and preparing related memos and entries
- Review and analysis of financial statements, business unit P&Ls, and key metrics
- Prepare & review key balance sheet account reconciliations
- Provide guidance on accounting impacts associated with special projects and/or non-routine transactions
- Prepare year-end and quarter-end audit schedules; liaise with external auditors
- Assist internal audit in designing and implementing internal controls over accounting processes
- Provide accounting support for business units
What you'll need:
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA is required
- Graduate degree preferred
- Minimum 3+ years of public accounting experience, strong preference for Big 4
- Strong technical accounting and financial analytical skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Experience working with large ERPs, SQL or Tableau are a big plus
- Position may require travel
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.