Homechef - Chicago, IL
Home Chef is building new ways to provide meal solutions that meet a wide variety of customer needs, and shipping locations both online and in store. Our team is a unique mix of creators, chefs, entrepreneurs, and trailblazers and we’re growing quickly. Our customer-first mentality, combined with a zest for supporting our peers, helped us bring home Built in Chicago’s Startup of the Year Moxie award in 2017. If you’re ready to be part of the action, we’re ready to connect with you. There are no limits to where we can go together.
Do you love to go above and beyond to ensure customer satisfaction? Do you have a desire to help others and solve problems? We're looking for a Customer Experience Associate who wants to be a part of a growing team in the booming meal kit industry.
- You have a real passion for helping Home Chef customers and possess excellent customer service skills.
- You must be able to work in a team environment and individually to serve our customers’ needs.
- As a Customer Experience Associate, you will serve as the front line of communication between the company and our customers.
- Associates will respond to customer issues, complaints and inquiries via phone, email and chat.
- You will act as a brand ambassador by being an expert in our product and sharing it with our customers.
- Respond to customer inquiries promptly and thoughtfully
- Assist customers in managing their Home Chef accounts.
- Strive for first-contact resolution with each interaction.
- Engage positively with customers sharing their Home Chef experience.
- Provide timely responses to tickets across all channels—less than 60 seconds for chats, less than 24 hours for emails.
- Provide an extraordinary, full life cycle customer experience to our users through phone, email and chat support.
- Anticipate customer needs and go above and beyond to ensure an efficient, seamless customer experience.
- Collaborate with other team members to ensure consistent and seamless services to Home Chef customers.
- Be an expert on our product—keeping up to date on new features and weekly changing menus.
- Share themes and feedback from customers with the team to contribute to product improvements.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and/or other characteristics needed for this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
- GED required; Bachelor's degree (preferred)
- Prior experience in Customer Support or related position (restaurants, retail, etc.)
- Positive approach to customer communication, as well as team collaboration.
- Proven communication skills – both verbal and written
- Can type a minimum 40 wpm
- You are comfortable responding over the phone, on video calls, or in person
- Dedication to excellence in hospitality and/or customer service
- You naturally enjoy working with people to solve problems and build group morale
- Comfort with a fast-paced dynamic environment that will evolve rapidly
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability needed for this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
- 40 hours a week - 5 days/week
- Some shifts require weekend work (i.e. Wednesday - Sunday or Saturday - Wednesday)
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance – benefits start the 1st day of the month following your start date
- Company paid Life Insurance, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability
- 401k Employer match - 50% on the $1, up to 6% of the employee's earnings
- We offer flexible spending accounts (FSA) for qualified Medical, Dependent Care, Parking, or Transit expenses
- Flexible paid time off (PTO) policy, plus sick days
- Generous Parental Leave
- Great Work/Life Balance – We value and support each individual team member
- Quarterly company-wide “Town Hall” meetings
- Ongoing professional development opportunities by level and function
- Your choice of Windows or Mac laptop, plus an extra screen
- Onsite gym
- Weekly Fooda credit
- Newly renovated office in the historic Old Main Post Office which is located close to multiple Metra and CTA options
- Employee discounts through Perkspot
- Discounts on Home Chef meal kits and at Kroger stores
- Casual dress in a fun, friendly and collaborative work environment
Candidates can experience Home Chef as a customer - enter promo code PEOPLE30 for $30 off your first order!
Home Chef is an equal employment opportunity employer
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.