Qualtrics - Palo Alto, CA
Delighted is a Qualtrics company that provides the fastest and easiest way to gather customer feedback and put it into the hands of those who can act on it. Using a single question and an open-ended comment box, Delighted helps companies align customers’ needs with business growth, measure the customer voice over time and keep customers coming back.1,500+ organizations worldwide rely on Delighted to collect, analyze, and act on customer feedback.
We are a small design-driven team, focused on impeccable user experience. Simplicity, quality, and care inform our decisions and processes. We believe in a collaborative, feedback-rich design process, and feel that excellent experiences can only come from teams who care deeply.
You are a seasoned DevOps Engineer who evaluates all of your work through the lens of user experience. You’ve successfully designed and operated core infrastructure for several different products. You prioritize reliability and security.
What you'll work on
As our first ops engineer, you'll own our core infrastructure and take the lead on designing a resilient and scalable system. You’ll work on a wide range of projects alongside product teams, including:
- Enhancing systems to be scalable, automated and well-documented.
- Improving security at all layers of the system.
- Monitoring and tuning server and database performance.
- Provisioning fast staging and CI environments.
- Aggregating logs and providing tools for engineering to track down bugs.
- Running and optimizing our email delivery infrastructure.
- We run our infrastructure on AWS. You have managed and optimized AWS deployments at scale.
- On the application tier, we run Ruby on Rails. You have experience managing large Ruby applications at scale.
- On the database tier, we use MySQL, Elasticsearch and Redis. You know how to operate these systems reliably at scale.
- We write automated tests for all our code. You have expertise running reliable CI and staging environments for developers.
- We send lots of emails. You ideally have experience with sending email at scale, including a thorough understanding of authenticated email standards including DKIM, SPF and DMARC.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- 5+ years of relevant engineering experience.
How to apply
If you’re interested, please send your resume with a link to your Github account and any products you’ve worked on recently of which you are particularly proud.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.