Qualtrics - Seattle, WA
Qualtrics is the technology platform that organizations use to collect, manage, and act on experience data, also called X-data™. The Qualtrics XM Platform™ is a system of action, used by teams, departments, and entire organizations to manage the four core experiences of business—customer, product, employee and brand—on one platform. Over 9,000 enterprises worldwide, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100 and 99 of the top 100 U.S. business schools, rely on Qualtrics to consistently build products that people love, create more loyal customers, develop a phenomenal employee culture, and build iconic brands. Qualtrics was recently acquired by SAP, and together we will accelerate XM and power the experience economy. Join us on this adventure that can open many doors! If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and growth, recognizes your unique contribution, fills you with purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now!
About Digital Experience Team
The Digital Experience team at Qualtrics builds and maintains a scalable system with billions of pageviews a week, to bridge the experience gap on every device. We currently provide customers with tools to enable them to make on-the-fly changes, including customized questions and messages, on their company’s websites and mobile apps, so they can listen and engage with a targeted segment of users.
We are looking for senior full stack engineer and leader who finds meaning in her\his work and is looking to build innovative product features or scalable systems that make a real felt impact on the business. You will be working across all layers, including web and mobile front ends, caching layers in browser, CDN and memory, message queues, file system and relational and NoSql databases.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 7+ years of software development experience at major technology companies and/or software startups
- Experience with web infrastructure and distributed systems
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design, continuous delivery, git, test automation and build\deploy systems)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and agile development environment and to learn new frameworks/stacks
- Passionate about building products that help customers easily and effectively get their job done
- Enthusiastic person, who communicates effectively and is easy to work with
- Curious and constantly learning on your own and from others
- You get satisfaction from helping others succeed, and you constantly seek ways to improve
- You can identify gaps, propose solutions to important problems, then take it to resolution
- Test Driven Development with attention for details
- 2+ years of leadership experience
- Expertise in mentoring and developing junior developers. You get satisfaction from helping others succeed, and you constantly seek ways to improve.
- Desire to guide engineering vision and drive engineering excellence across teams
- Able to design and implement well-crafted, scalable, and maintainable code
- Ability to make reasonable trade-offs based on time and resource constraints in the interest of the business and customers
- Comfortable with designing APIs, SDKs, and data models
- Experience building large-scale web applications and microservices
- Experience building fast, accessible, world ready and responsive user experiences
- Experience building Android and iOS applications
- Be highly creative, flexible, self-directed and resilient
A Day in the Life
- Develop scalable, fast, robust, and rich web and mobile solutions to solve complex business problems
- Commit to sprint goals, attend daily stand-up meetings, prioritize and estimate features
- Lead a team of software engineers responsible for the design, development, testing, deployment, and operations of features.
- Work across disciplines and teams to collect requirements, describe features, build technical designs, and drive product strategy
- Demonstrate knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the entire SDLC, including coding standards, code reviews, source code management, build processes, and testing
- Drive operational excellence by investigating production issues, driving root cause analysis and follow-up actions for mitigation
- Improve performance, availability, reliability, scale, throughput and latency
- Advise management on software development priorities, risks, and required effort level.
- As an engineer at Qualtrics, you are more than a developer. In addition to building, you test to make sure your work does not introduce customer pain, you put mechanisms in place to make sure the team knows if features aren’t behaving as expected, and you own delivering what you build to customers
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.