Qualtrics - Seattle, WA
At Qualtrics, our mission is to close experience gaps — the costly differences between what customers and employees expect, and what they’re receiving.
10,000+ organizations worldwide and more than 80% of the Fortune 100 rely on the Qualtrics Experience Management Platform™ to collect, analyze, and act on feedback — more feedback than they ever thought possible. With Qualtrics XM, organizations can manage the four core experiences of business—customer, employee, product, and brand experience. Organizations can be at every meaningful touchpoint, for every experience, and predict what will resonate most with customers and employees. We create software to help turn customers into fanatics, products into obsessions, employees into ambassadors, and brands into religions.
Our Engineering team is a group of deeply passionate engineers who are breaking new ground in cloud computing and web scalability. We organize and sort terabytes of data and develop solutions used by millions of users every single day. We design products that make sophisticated research simple. Engineering focuses on these tenets; Platform-oriented, API First, Secure, One Product (Our customers shouldn’t have to learn two different ways of solving the same problem), and Quality (Our customers rely on our products to drive their businesses. Our software must work. If a feature is buggy, don’t release it (if it hasn’t been released yet), fix it or take it out.)
Quality Engineering Challenge
- Design and develop test frameworks, test tools, and automation for complex, distributed SaaS systems for STEs, SDET, and SDE to use.
- Ensure code is tested at the appropriate level (unit vs functional, or API vs UI), reducing unnecessary test cases, intermittent failures, and increased execution time.
- Define, implement, and analyze metrics to determine test effectiveness and the overall quality of software.
- Research, share, and recommend new technologies, best practices, and trends
- Help your team evolve by actively participating in the code review process, design discussions, planning, and post-mortem reviews.
- Currently studying for a degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Available for a 12-16 week internship during upcoming summer
- Experience with modern programming languages (Java, PHP, Scala)
- Experience or interest in learning test automation frameworks and tools
- Understanding a broad range of data structures, algorithms, and design patterns; knowing when it is appropriate to use them (and when it is not).
- Basic knowledge or interest in learning software testing techniques, such as equivalence class partitioning, boundary value testing, pairwise testing, etc.
- Strong level of curiosity
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.