Pinterest - San Francisco, CA
Pinterest personalizes millions of experiences by using machine learning algorithms to sift through our catalog of one hundred billion Pins to find the best content for each Pinner. It is critical to measure the users experience across Pinterest and identify opportunities for improvement. The Discovery Measurements team’s charter is to establish human-powered ground truth for major Pinterest products, e.g. Search and Ads, and develop company critical measurements about relevance, domain quality, session experience, retention, etc. As we look to scale these platforms both vertically and horizontally, we’re looking for an engineering manager to join the team to drive technical excellence and curiosity. We need someone who will take risks with the team’s roadmap while providing a concrete vision both internally and externally. This position will require an engineering manager who has experience as a developer and drive to dive into challenging data mining problems, provide technical guidance, and lead a highly impactful team.
What you will do:
- Design and scale company-wide online & offline measurement platforms for organic and ad content
- Design and develop company critical measurements, including relevance, domain quality, session experience, retention, user satisfaction
- Establish technical roadmap for providing insightful signals about Pin and Pinners that could power other ML models in the Pinterest ecosystem.
- Drive short term and long term vision for the team, expanding impact horizontally and vertically
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders to align engineering efforts for high impact technical initiatives; Provide visibility for senior leadership into the team’s global impact
What we are looking for:
- Strong programmer in one of the following languages such as Python, Java or C++
- Familiar with large data process and measurement. Data mining experience is a strong plus.
- 1+ year experience in leading a highly impactful engineering team
- 5+ years of experience in software development in a major language
- Curiosity for leveraging data and metrics to identify challenging opportunities and build impactful solutions
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.