Pinterest - San Francisco, CA
As an engineer on Pinterest’s rapidly growing Trust & Safety Signals team, you’ll build machine learning models and infrastructure that identify potentially abusive behavior and content and enable product surfaces to filter spam and suspicious users. Your systems will process reporting signals from our 300+ million active users to enable a trustworthy experience on Pinterest. Millions of people around the world use Pinterest to discover and do what they love, and our job is to protect them from abuse and harmful content.
What you’ll do:
- Design features and build large scale machine learning models to detect spam content (text, image, links) and suspicious user behaviors
- Work with backend engineers to design and implement the infrastructure needed to make modeling, testing, and deploying models smooth
- Work with other leaders on the team to develop both short and long-term strategies around machine learning for abuse prevention
- Collaborate with product teams to tune and integrate solutions you develop
- Collaborate with data analysts to discover and mitigate new spam and abuse patterns
What we’re looking for:
- CS degree with 5+ years of relevant industry experience
- Experience working on production machine learning systems at scale to detect spam, fraud or related domains
- Experience programming in Python or Java/C++
- Experience in building data or training pipelines using Spark or Hadoop
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.