Pinterest - San Francisco, CA
Pinterest’s Site Reliability Engineering team is looking for a MySQL expert to build and operate our web-scale MySQL infrastructure. You’ll design, build, and monitor our database infrastructure that handles billions of monthly page views and petabytes of data.
What You'll Do:
- Architect storage solutions working closely with engineering teams
- Design, implement, and maintain database management tools for managing a large fleet of databases
- Implement procedures and tools for backup, recovery, and monitoring
- Interact with developers and teams to resolve site and database issues
What We're Looking For:
- 2+ years of experience in engineering and administering large scale MySQL infrastructure
- Proficient in either Python, Perl, or Ruby
- Experience developing and architecting solutions using both SQL and no-SQL databases, i.e. MySQL and Memcache
- Strong knowledge of Linux/Unix/ internals
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.