Pinterest - San Francisco, CA
The Storage and Caching team is responsible for building and owning the systems that store and serve all of Pinterest’s core data, including users, pins, boards, and feeds. The mission of the team is to build systems that are not only highly scalable, performant, and reliable, but also a delight to use. Our systems enable our product engineers to move fast and build awesome features rapidly on top of them.
What you’ll do:
- Build, own, and improve innovative storage services like UMegaStore (key-value storage-as-a-service) and Zen (graph storage service) that serve almost all of Pinterest’s user facing storage needs
- Contribute to open source databases like MySQL, HBase, and RocksDB
- Own, improve, and contribute to caching systems like Memcached and Redis and related infrastructure like cache proxies (McRouter) to manage distributed caching at scale
- Continually improve operability, scalability, efficiency, performance, and reliability of our storage and caching solutions
What we're looking for:
- Deep expertise on online storage and caching systems at consumer Internet scale
- Strong ability to work cross functionally with product teams and with the storage SRE/DBA team
- Fluent in Java, C/C++, and/or Python
- Good communication skills and an excellent team player
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.