Peloton - New York, NY
Peloton is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to work with teams across the organization to build and maintain monitorable, performant, reliable and highly-scalable software systems. We are a small, fast-paced, growing team of engineers tackling challenging problems at scale and headquartered in a brand new headquarters in the heart of Manhattan. Software and systems engineers with interest and/or experience in system automation are encouraged to apply for this position.
- Evangelize best practices for building and operating highly reliable systems
- Serve as subject matter expert in observability and monitoring
- Consult in system design to meet reliability and capacity requirements
- Automate infrastructure and configuration management
- Conduct timely post-mortems of production infrastructure incidents
- Assist with all aspects of operational security and compliance
- Seek out potential threats to security and reliability and advocate solutions
- Participate in an on-call rotation to receive escalations
- We work with Amazon Web Services, Chef, Python, Ubuntu, Nginx, Jenkins, Terraform, Akamai, Elemental
- Know when to triage and when to dive down into a root-cause analysis
- Passion for reliable, scalable, observable software with strong sense of ownership
- Deep experience with Linux system administration
- Experience developing and monitoring mission-critical systems
- Substantial experience with a programming language like Python, Golang, Java, C
- Working knowledge of a centralized configuration tool like chef, puppet, or ansible
- Experience with or interest in learning about streaming applications and media servers
- Bonus: experience configuring and monitoring CDNs. We use Akamai, Cloudfront, Cloudflare
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.