PeaceHealth - Springfield, OR
PeaceHealth is seeking a Cardiac Sonographer - Echocardiology (Per Diem) for a per diem, Variable shift position.
Req ID: 167697
Responsible for performing diagnostic and special procedures ultrasonography in accordance with established policies and procedures. Must use independent judgment in applying knowledge of clinical cardiology, acoustic imaging technology, and problem-solving skills to optimize the echocardiographic evaluation, tailoring and expanding the exam to ensure comprehensiveness and diagnostic accuracy.
1. Performs prescribed ultrasound procedures using a variety of equipment to get preliminary echocardiographic measurements. Must be competent at the performance of adult echocardiography, transesophageal echocardiography and contrast studies.
2. Must follow department imaging protocols, appropriately acquire all echocardiographic measurements per protocol, create digital preliminary reports for the interpreting physician, and verbally communicate preliminary findings to the interpreting physician when necessary.
3. Prepare, supply and equip ultrasound rooms to meet specific cardiologist and physician requirements for procedures.
4. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduation from a CAAHEP accredited diagnostic ultrasound program required. A minimum six months full-time cardiac internship strongly preferred.
- One year experience as cardiac sonographer preferred.
See below for state requirements.
- RDCS, Adult or RCS credential required.
- Oregon State licensure in Adult Cardiac Sonography required.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Computer experience required.
- Good interpersonal, organizational and decision-making skills
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
RIVERBEND PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires active, physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to conditions involving toxic materials or hazardous waste. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per day or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
There may be more than one opening on this posting.
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justsice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Springfield community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Location: Springfield, SHMC at Riverbend (420)
Job Category: Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support
Shift Length: 8 Hours
Work Type: Per Diem/Relief
Hourly compensation starts at: $36.26, more depending on experience
Required Certifications/Licensure: Basic Life Support; Oregon Board of Medical Imaging Registration; Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Springfield || Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support ||Technician / Technologist || Per Diem/Relief || DIAGNOSTIC SVCS
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.