acorns - Cambridge, KS
QA Engineer - Backend | Acorns
At Acorns, we're building a financial wellness system that enables everyday Americans to save and invest every day. We are transforming the category and recruiting a team that is relentless at fulfilling our mission. The Acorns team comes together every day to deliver a revolutionary product to its customers, the up-and-coming. If you thrive in an environment where you can push yourself beyond all previous thresholds of possibility, come join us at Acorns.
Acorns is seeking a QA Engineer who has a passion for helping create reliable, bug free user experience and a background writing functional, integration, system and end-to-end automated tests.
As a QA Engineer, your typical week would involve collaborating with product and the other various engineering teams to plan the build out test suites for new features. You will participate in product feature and architecture design reviews to identify concerns and risks early in the product life cycle. You will build and maintain tools and frameworks to support ongoing automated testing efforts on all supported mobile platforms and browser configurations. You will be developing and maintaining test plans, test cases, and automated tests to ensure sufficient test coverage of our mobile, web, and backend applications.
You are not expected to have experience with all technologies listed in this posting. We're looking for an experienced QA Engineer that loves learning new technologies on the job, thinks creatively to solve complex problems, and enjoys working collaboratively.
Within 1 month, you will:
- Learn the QA process and tools that the QA team uses
- Join your assigned feature development team and get up to speed with the current project
- Learn about Acorns products, features, and architecture
- Assist devs and QA with testing new features
- Updated or added your first automated test
Within 6 months, you will:
- Understand QA process and tools
- Have knowledge of Acorns products, features, and architecture
- Take ownership of testing new features
- Develop and maintain automated tests for new and existing features
Within 12 months, you will:
- Have deeper knowledge of Acorns products, features, and architecture
- Recommend and implement improvements to QA process and tools
What you will bring to Acorns:
- 4+ years of experience as a QA/QE Engineer, SDET or similar role preferred
- Working knowledge of test methodologies, processes, and tools
- Agile Testing Experience in an agile development environment (e.g. SCRUM/XP/Kanban)
- Experience with backend testing of RESTful APIs
- Experience with sql and nosql database testing - mysql, postgress, mongodb, dynamo db
- Experience with AWS highly desired
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, multi-tasking, troubleshooting, and decision-making skills
- Must be self-directed, detail-oriented, and have excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Experience with Unix (Linux preferred)
- Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings
- Shows creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness
- Thirst for delivering game-changing products
- Exceptional drive and precision in delivery
- A belief that your work is tied to your life's mission
- Optimistic about the potential of societal change
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- A comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of you and your family
- Unlimited paid time off
- Corporate gym access
- Daily breakfast, weekly team lunches, and an endless supply of snacks
- Numerous career possibilities that allow you to grow with Acorns
- Talented and motivated team members who care deeply about one another, our mission and our customers.
- The rare opportunity to create a new world. We inspire one another every day to do meaningful work that solves big societal challenges.
Acorns is the leading micro-investing app in the U.S. It allows users to round up their daily purchases and automatically Invest the Change® into a low-cost, diversified portfolio of exchange-traded funds offered by some of the world's top asset managers (including Vanguard and BlackRock). Founded in Newport Beach, Calif., by father and son team Walter and Jeff Cruttenden, Acorns provides a simple entry-point using the Acorns app on iPhone or Android. Customers accumulate fractional shares in one of five portfolios constructed by world-renowned Nobel Laureate economist Dr. Harry Markowitz. Acorns' smart portfolio algorithms automatically work in the background of life, helping users build wealth naturally, pennies at a time. From Acorns mighty oaks do grow.
With benevolence and courage, we look after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming; beginning with the empowering step of micro-investing.
- Lead with heart
- Make bold decisions
- Always build trust
- Never stop growing
- Find a way
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.