Gusto - San Francisco, CA
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
Our Foundation Engineering team is primarily responsible for building the services, tools, infrastructure and libraries that will help our Product Engineering team build faster and better. We’re looking for an experienced engineering leader to lead all Foundation Engineering for Gusto. You’ll empower Gusto’s Platform and Infrastructure engineering sub-groups and work closely with our company leadership to deliver world-class products to our customers.
Here’s what you'll do:
- Lead a team of 30+ talented Infrastructure, Developer Experience, and Data engineers across our San Francisco, New York City, and Denver offices.
- Participate in and play a critical role in Gusto's company-wide global leadership team, helping to drive company strategy "at business scale"
- Participate in and play a critical role in Gusto's Engineering Staff
- Help scale and modularize a large monolithic code base so product engineers can continue to develop feature rapidly for our customers.
- Coach, mentor, and empower other senior engineering leaders
- Scale our engineering team as we double in size over the next 12-18 months.
- Bring out the best in the individuals on your team by enabling them to do the best work of their lives.
Here's what we're looking for:
- 10+ years industry experience in software engineering management.
- Experience scaling an engineering team through hypergrowth.
- Experience managing an engineering team of 50+ engineers.
- Experience putting together teams that can scale and modularize a large and complex monolithic code base.
- Structured, thorough, and methodical in your approach to leading large organizations.
- Empathetic and employee-focused: You care deeply about the people in your team, helping them to achieve their personal and professional goals, and enabling them to do the best work of their lives.
Here's more about the team with a few highlights from our engineering blog:
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.