Chewy - Dallas, TX
Chewy is hiring an Area Manager at our Dallas,TX Fulfillment Center. This individual will be responsible for the direction of hourly associates in the proper receiving, and storage shipping of product. Responsible for meeting and exceeding established productivity, labor and quality objectives. We believe in excellence in all we do and accept nothing less. You'll be successful in this role because you're passionate about supporting your team and recognize their effort and achievements.
What you'll do:
- Manage accurate unloading and put away of containers in timely basis to ensure containers are returned without additional charges and 100% accurate
- Handle the fast pace associated with day-to-day operations in a fast paced E-Commerce distribution environment and maintain a positive, motivating leadership presence
- Ensure that standards are established and followed
- Work actively with associates to ensure success
- Ensure that proper orientation and training occurs for hourly associates and verify standards are understood and adhered to
- Observe employee activities and provide feedback and positive reinforcement on safety, quality of work, productivity and attitude
- Handle employee questions, concerns, and follow up with the intent to maintain a positive work environment and earn trust
- Drive Standards through the day by motivating, teaching, and holding team members accountable to known standards and positive reinforcement of the correct behavior
- Actively develop and promote open lines of communication to maintain and develop positive employee relations, encourage employee involvement in the process, and recognize employees for their accomplishment and ideas
- Complete necessary documentation for tracking attendance, productivity, behavior, and safety
- Be able to dive deep within a process and drive process improvements through associate feedback, analyzing data, and up channeling changes to obtain departmental goals
What you'll need:
- Associate Degree - Bachelors’ degree preferred
- 2-4 years’ supervisory experience preferably in a warehouse or distribution center environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills and strong attention to detail
- Intermediate skills in working on computers – Microsoft office package and time keeping software solutions
- Ability to work flexible schedule to include nights and weekends if business require it
- Position may require travel
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.