Jet - Hoboken, NJ
The Data platforms team at Jet is looking for an exceptionally talented SQl Server Engineer with an outstanding track record reflecting achievements and skills in improving the database infrastructure from the ground up. So, if you are passionate about databases, (SQL Server in general), performance tuning, governance, cloud, big data and can show us how we can generate more engineering throughput then we would love to talk to you. We are ideally looking for an engineer who is not only talented and skill full on the production dba side of things but is also passionate about the performance tuning, scalability, architecture, automation and process improvement side of things. We would love to talk to candidates with experience on very large Data sets.
- Play a pivotal design and hands on role to improve the DB infrastructure in a project oriented work environment.
- Improve and tune inefficient workloads hitting our Big Data stack (SQL Server, Hive and Presto)
- Implement controls, policies, processes and best practices in the database engineering
- Work on interesting and complex Performance problems.
- Mitigate Risks in our database infrastructure by developing the best in class tools and processes.
- Help us improve our database deployment and change management process.
- Provide reliable and efficient DBA services as part of the database team.
- Be a mentor.
Position Requirements and Skills
- BS Degree in one of the following subject areas: Computer Science, Information Technology, Math or related technical field preferred.
- 5+ years as a Database Technologist with Database Administration (SQL Server 2008R2/12/16/17), database engineering and development experience.
- Hands on Performance tuning Accomplishments and Advance tuning skills on the SQL Server Platform or Hive in Large data environments.
- Proven experience in improving the database infrastructure from the ground up. This could include automation, consolidation, taking out redundant tasks, designing and implementing projects to facilitate governance and risk mitigation for e.g. auditing, policies enforcement, availability, monitoring, maintenance, dba best practices, automatic checks and balances, central reporting, compliance, database deployments etc.
- Strong knowledge of SQL server Internals and best practices.
- Experience and Knowledge in the Big Data stack, Hadoop Administration, Hive tuning, NoSQL databases will be highly desirable.
- Prefer experience in DR/HA. Hands on skills in setting up and managing Always On, Mirroring, Replication, Log-shipping.
- Hands on skills in SQL/TSQL and in at least one scripting language.
- Strong Plus. Experience using Visual Studio (Database project) or some other best in class database versioning and automatic build and integration tool.
- Database design (Logical and physical) and development experience (to go with DBA skills) will be sweet!!
- Experience with custom or third-party Performance Monitoring tools
- Good interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Technical documentation skills
- Self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail, open to feedback, Adaptable
- Proven experience in trouble shooting, problem determination and rapid problem resolution
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.