PeaceHealth - Eugene, OR
PeaceHealth has a position for a Psychiatrist in the Inpatient unit in Eugene, Oregon.
Req ID: 169051
PeaceHealth’s commitment to Behavioral Health is reflected in our state-of-the-art inpatient psychiatric unit, nationally respected research, and community advocacy and leadership. The team is involved in industry leading coordinated care through our transition team that involves integrating community based resources with our ambulatory facilities in care integration. We are currently transitioning into full coordination in the medical home model and providing telepsychiatry services.
As a result of our progressive programs, our work with first episode schizophrenia coordination and medication has garnered national attention. We are a National Institute of Mental Health participant in this multi-site national study. Our patient-centered approach has a primary goal of helping people recover and promoting a safe and inspired life to the community. Our 35 bed psychiatric unit is the largest in the state of Oregon and provides an integrated inpatient/outpatient model.
Position & Hospital Highlights:
- Flexibility with variety and interesting/challenging group of patients
- Full range of coverage from children to geriatrics
- Opportunities to mentor/teach rotating medical students through the Oregon Health and Science University
- RiverBend is a 386 bed tertiary care medical center which is the largest hospital on the West Coast between Portland and San Francisco.
- Intensive outpatient program/Partial hospitalization program with expanded wrap-around services to young adults
- Full consult services at both PeaceHealth hospital campuses
- ECT Services available
- Active collaboration with ED and is fully staffed with excellent crisis team
- Care is closely coordination in our seamless continuum of care with our community based ambulatory treatment teams
- Leaders in the community and the PeaceHealth system in care innovation
- Our program is the mental and behavioral health safety-net for central Oregon
- J-1 or H1-B eligible
Eugene is a city located at the south end of the Willamette Valley, near the confluence of the McKenzie and Willamette rivers, about 50 miles east of the Oregon Coast. The city’s official slogan is “A Great City for the Arts and Outdoors.” Love an affluent community surrounded by scenic beauty? The Emerald City is the place for you.
Here’s why you should experience Eugene, Oregon:
- Eugene is a place for the outdoor enthusiast. With everything from hiking, biking, kayaking, swimming, running and water sports, there is no shortage of things to do outside. Check out Spencer’s Butte which provides some spectacular views of the city!
- The Hult Center for the Performing Arts features all kinds of entertainment including jazz, opera, ballet, the Eugene symphony and choir. In addition, the center also features a permanent art collection
- Go shopping at the 5th street market. Spend an afternoon visiting the shops and enjoy a multitude of international cuisine while local musicians provide live entertainment at the market
- Sports fanatic? Eugene is home to the University of Oregon (Mighty Ducks) where you can catch professional, Olympic and collegiate sporting events
- Home to very strong and diverse school districts
A few of the benefits of our positions:
- Integrated physician-led medical group
- EPIC health records
- Fully paid malpractice insurance
- Exceptional retirement plans plus optional supplemental plan for providers
- Opportunity to participate to mission trips to El Salvador
- Oregon does not have sales tax
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please contact Dorothy V Reed.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of the founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Location: Eugene, SHMC at University District (422)
Job Category: Physician & Advanced Practice Clinician
Work Type: Full Time
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.