Gusto - Denver, CO
Gusto is looking for an experienced network engineer to help grow and operate Gusto’s corporate networks. You will be focusing on improving our wireless experience, partnering closely with our security team, and building out new office spaces. This role will have a heavy emphasis on creating delightful user experiences through the technology we provide to keep Gusties productive.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Operate in a rapidly evolving environment, adapt quickly to new information, and reprioritize as needed
- Develop and maintain consistency within the networking infrastructure
- Deploy new network and tooling focusing on wireless and route/switch
- Manage vendor relationships and drive deadlines
- NMS configuration, validation, and operation
- Partner with security to triage security events, assist with compliance audits, and carry out security/compliance remediations
- Ability to participate in a regular on-call rotation
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 3-5 years in a network engineering role
- 2+ years operating a wireless environment of 1000+ devices (Cisco, Aruba)
- Knowledge of routing and switching
- Protocol knowledge in one or more of the following - OSPF, BGP, MPLS
- Experience in network configuration with one of the following vendors - Arista, Brocade, Cisco, Dell, Juniper
- Operational experience with netflow / jflow / sflow
- Strong ownership attitude and persistence to complete tasks through to the end
- Experience with source control systems and version control (git, github, gitlab, bitbucket)
- Network Access Control implementation and associated technology (802.1x, radius, etc)
- Experience writing scripts to carry out operational tasks across multiple devices
- Excellent writing and communication skills with the ability to target all business audiences
- Exhibits a high level of professionalism and is passionate about providing outstanding customer service.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.