Chewy - Dania Beach, FL
Chewy is looking for a Senior Financial Analyst, FP&A to join our Corporate Finance Team based in Dania Beach, FL. This is a key position on the team where you will be partnering with various business leaders (VPs and C-Suite of across all departments) to drive business results and lead all business performance budgeting, forecast and reporting. The Senior Financial Analyst position will work closely with the Finance Manager, FP&A driving continuous improvements to the company’s processes and doing ad-hoc projects to derive financial insights and deliver business results.
What you'll do:
- Partner with fellow analysts and department leaders team to track and forecast headcount, expenses and key performance metrics to understand return on investment, payback period, cash flows and impact on the company’s financial statements
- Aid Finance team in developing, automating, and maintaining regularly used reports
- Partner with other Finance team members to improve and streamline team’s processes, deliverables, and timeline in a consistent pursuit of continuous improvement
- Actively participate in the strategic planning, target setting, and annual planning processes, and perform risk and opportunities analysis versus business outlook
- Collaborate with various teams (e.g. Accounting, Facilities, HR, IT, etc.) to improve data quality business insights
- Support Capital Appropriation Request process, including financial analysis, cost/benefit tracking, and business case development for investments impacting your assigned department
- Represent the finance team in weekly and monthly business reviews to communicate period to date and year to date performance
- Create, maintain and enhance financial models on an ad hoc basis to improve forecasting accuracy and ROI
- Extract and analyze data from central databases using SQL queries and Tableau
- Support creation of materials for C-suite, investors, analysts and Board of Directors
What you'll need:
- Bachelors degree
- 2+ years related experience
- Experience in financial analysis, key performance indicators, forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis
- Leadership skills as they will be expected to lead projects and processes
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong knowledge of accounting and financial analysis
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity in a constantly evolving environment
- Collaborative, detail-oriented, and execution-focused
- Strong PowerPoint and data visualization skills (Excel/PowerPoint Dashboards, Tableau, etc.)
- Ability to self-start and self-direct work in an unstructured environment
- Ability to take ownership of projects and drive them through to completion
- Advanced MS Excel skills (this will be tested)
- Strong understanding of GAAP, all financial statements and financial modeling
- Experience with SQL coding, Hyperion, Oracle ERP (or other Financial ERP systems), financial reporting systems, and database navigation
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.