Postmates - San Francisco, CA
At Postmates X, we are reimagining how things move in cities. Serve, our personable sidewalk delivery robot, is our vision for the future of delivery. It’s designed to take deliveries away from congested streets and onto underutilized alleys and sidewalks, to save energy, reduce emissions, reduce traffic, and make deliveries faster and cheaper. Why move two-pound burritos with two-ton cars?
Serve has been years in the making and has already done thousands of customer deliveries.
WHO ARE WE?
We are tech industry veterans in software, hardware, and design who are pooling our individual talents together to build a legacy. Our team is inclusive, agile, and driven by a common purpose. We are solving real-world problems with machine learning, computer vision, and robotics, with a mindful eye towards the end-to-end user experience. By joining our team, you will help create the first robotic helpers entering our cities: moving alongside us and running our errands!
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
You would work on researching through the state-of-arts and developing the right algorithm solution for our delivery robot, Serve. You will take a prototypical algorithm solution and improve the computational efficiency and reliability to prepare it for production-level deployment. Additionally, you will work on building and maintaining the life cycle of training/deploying of machine learning models with more data or a larger scale.
- Develop algorithms based on the state-of-the-art in the field, for tasks in computer vision, decision process, or planning.
- Design data and training pipeline for machine learning tasks.
- Research new ideas to solve real problems using machine learning, deep learning and reinforcement learning.
- Design and develop scalable training systems.
- Design and develop efficient learning algorithms at inference time with given computational resource.
- Ph.D. degree or masters with 5 years experience in the related field.
- Track record of developing new ideas in machine learning, as demonstrated by one or more first author publications or projects
- Proficient programming skills in C++ or Python.
- Experience with applying algorithms to real-world problems from at least one of the fields: deep learning or reinforcement learning
- Deep Learning: CNN, RNN, GAN or other Generative Models.
- Reinforcement Learning: Deep Q-Learning, Imitation Learning, Meta Reinforcement Learning.
- Experience with a Deep Learning framework: TensorFlow or Pytorch.
- Experience with Robotics applications.
- Experience with Computer Vision.
- Experience with Motion Planning.
- Experience with control theory.
- Experience with optimization: Convex or Combinatorial optimization.
- Experience with software development.
- Competitive salary and generous stock option plan
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- We'll provide the equipment you need to work efficiently and creatively
- Paid parental leave, vacation time and sick time
- Catered lunches and open snack bar
- Impact-first work environment (no politics, no pandering)
- Huge company vision (we need you to build the future, not just maintain the status quo)
- Full support to contribute to open source projects
- Awesome office located in SOMA just minutes from BART, Muni, AC Transit, and SamTrans
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.