Sony PlayStation - Los Angeles, CA
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
This position is for a temporary engagement through our staffing partner YOH Services.
This position is responsible for maintaining effective, up to date communication between the IT department and our customers. The ideal person must thrive in a fast-pace, and dynamic environment where customer service is a top priority. He or she will be a problem solver with excellent communication skills, and impeccable attention to detail. The ability to multitask, provide support to coworkers, and meet challenging deadlines is essential to the position.
- Serve as the eyes and ears of the IT department, providing information, answering questions, and responding to requests.
- Work with procurement team to submit IT related purchase requests to include management of license and support renewals.
- Manage inventory of software licenses and hardware assets.
- Ensure to effectively communicate any and all updates to customers / management, such as project information, ticket status, hardware / software orders, scheduling, etc.
- Responsible for daily support of the IT Lab, including cleanup, organization and consumables.
- Create documentation for standard operating procedures, one-off installations, and end user training.
- Assist with the relocation of hardware assets to accommodate workflow and studio growth.
Skills and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Proven administrative experience
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time-management skills and multitasking ability
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, with aptitude to learn new software and systems
- Must have computer science knowledge adequate to understand and communicate interactions among complex computer systems in business terms.
- Ability to analyze business requirements and translate those into services or solutions and develop associated plans for delivery.
- Ability to express technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing, to diverse groups of people.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.