Qualtrics - Chicago, IL
At Qualtrics, our mission is to close experience gaps—the costly differences between what customers and employees expect, and what they’re receiving.
9,000+ organizations worldwide and more than 80% of the Fortune 100 rely on the Qualtrics Experience Management Platform™ to collect, analyze, and act on feedback—more feedback than they ever thought possible. With Qualtrics XM, organizations can handle the four core experiences of business—customer, employee, product, and brand experience. Organizations can be at every meaningful touchpoint, for every experience, and predict what will resonate most.
Check out why our employees and clients love being part of the Qualtrics family!
As a Sales Engineer you will be responsible for providing pre-sales technical / functional support to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction with minimal supervision. Provides direction and specialist knowledge in applying the technology/application to client business. Develop and deliver high quality Qualtrics presentations and product demonstrations. Design, validate, and present Qualtrics software solutions to include advanced product concepts, future direction, and 3rd party complimentary products. Present and articulate Qualtrics product's strengths, relative to competitors.
Effectively consult with management of customer organizations. Participate in sales planning and business development activities. Develop and demonstrate moderately complex solutions. Architect solutions and prototype solutions for customers. Participate in industry functions, seminars, and round tables to stay current with industry. Interact with development to enhance/refine Qualtrics products in areas of expertise. Deliver high quality technical Qualtrics presentations and demonstrations in area of expertise.
- Provide exemplary pre-sales technical expertise through technical and product presentations, demonstrations, pilot implementations, and on-going sales consultation
- Drive the adoption of Qualtrics solutions within strategic accounts, expanding usage across departments within the enterprise. Translate product/technical features into value drivers.
- Develop and maintain training materials, and deliver training to improve product knowledge and demo abilities of both inside and enterprise salespeople.
- Build working knowledge of competing products and how to technically sell against them
- Work collaboratively with Product Management, Marketing and Engineering during the development, launch and continuing refinement of existing and new Qualtrics products.
- Respond to initial product requests and frame product issues for discussion and resolution with Product and Engineering teams
- Become an expert in Qualtrics XM Platform and other Qualtrics products
- Develop/maintain technical and business knowledge of industry directions and trends
- Must be located in the Chicago area.
- Minimum of 3 years of prior Sales/Systems Engineering, or Solution Architect experience with software in a SaaS/Cloud environment, selling to C/VP level buyers
- High energy, self-starter comfortable with ambiguity in entrepreneurial environments.
- Outstanding professional, sales, and technical capabilities; comfortable supporting both enterprise (field) and inside sales teams on targeted accounts
- Ability to explain and resolve common technical aspects of SaaS software, including security, protocols for APIs, SLAs, email/communication specifications, etc.
- Ability to see and present 'the big picture', architect solutions to solve customer problems, and uncover business challenges and develop custom solutions to solve them
- Strong customer facing and relationship building skills
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, and closing techniques.
- Possess "best of breed" functional sales experience that could be applied across an entire sales area in general or specific functional categories
- Demonstrated strong leadership and ability to lead encouraging both individual and team accomplishments
- Must be prepared to learn new technologies
- Must be able to pivot to other system related tasks if and when needed. We wear lots of hats here at Qualtrics!
- Undergraduate degree (E.g. Marketing, Business, Human Resources Management, Organizational Behavior, Organizational Leadership, Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics, or other quantitative field. Strong academic performance.)
- Travel required
- Previous work in Customer and/or Employee Experience software and systems, including pre or post-Sales support
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.