Summit Public Schools - Sunnyvale, CA
As a Food Server, you will set up and serve breakfast and lunch, ensuring that students have the fuel they need to learn every day. This includes organizing and maintaining food servery, maintaining all food service logos and interacting with students daily in a positive manner.
This is a part-time position with hours between 7:30am-1:30pm PST, totaling around 16-20 hours a week at Summit Denali in Sunnyvale, CA.
Who We Are:
What if all students graduated high school with not only content knowledge, but the habits and skills to successfully navigate college and career, with a sense of purpose to anchor them? This is the question at the core of Summit Public Schools. Summit is a public school system serving heterogeneous communities in the Bay Area and Washington State and operate 15 schools serving over 4,500 students.
What You’ll Do:
- Receive deliveries and maintain required paperwork
- Set up and serve breakfast and lunch every day
- Maintain a welcoming, clean, and compliant servery
- Other duties as assigned
What You Need:
- Commitment to uphold Summit’s values, belief that all children deserve a rigorous and equitable education that prepares them for college and for life.
- Prior experience in project management or operations is strongly preferred.
- Fluency in Spanish is strongly preferred.
- An ability to bend, lift, and move items from both low and high shelves and pull/push carts up to 50 lbs.
- An ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time and an ability to walk across multiple times per day.
- An ability to obtain a CA Food Handler certificate within 30 days of hire,
- Clear health and background check
We strive to recruit a diverse team. Summit Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, military status, pregnancy, parenthood, citizenship status, creed, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Summit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
People from all diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.