Postmates - San Francisco, CA
Postmates is focused on providing a thriving marketplace allowing anyone to purchase anything from anywhere in their city or community and have it delivered in minutes.
We are a cross-functional team responsible for the end-to-end experience on Android, iOS, and the web. We value and foster a collaborative environment where product, design, and engineering work together every day to build and design new features for our customers.
What will you do?
- Build and launch consumer-facing features to millions of customers
- Tune and polish features to a high-degree of excellence
- Work closely with the design and product team to iterate on UI/UX
- Relentlessly optimize the web experience of buying with Postmates
Technologies we use:
- Client: ES6, React, Redux, Emotion
- Server: Go, Python, Node
- Platform: AWS, Google
- 4+ years of experience working with web technologies and a passion for UX
- 2+ years of experience working with a modern web framework like React or Angular
- A deep understanding of the fundamentals of the web (REST, JS, HTML, CSS)
- Strong knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience) required
- You’re a self-starter and strong finisher
- You’ve worked at or started a small company where you had to wear many hats
- You write well and communicate clearly
- You prefer problems over tasks
- Competitive salary and generous stock option plan (stay aligned with the long-term value you create)
- Medical, dental and vision insurance and it’s 100% paid for by the company
- Tasty, healthy lunches
- Snack-filled kitchen (mostly healthy, but very tasty)
- Impact-first work environment (no politics, no pandering)
- Huge company vision (we need you to build the future, not just maintain the status quo)
- Awesome office in San Francisco close to mass transit
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.