Postmates is focused on providing a thriving marketplace allowing anyone to purchase anything from anywhere in their city or community and have it delivered in minutes.
Our teams are focused on building the platform to make our vision a reality. We are a cross-functional team, working in a fast paced environment, and are responsible for the end-to-end experiences across all major platforms. We value and foster a collaborative environment where product, design, and engineering work together every day to build and design new features for our customers.
What will you do?
- Build and launch consumer-facing features to millions of customers
- Tune and polish features to a high-degree of excellence
- Help define the strategic direction of our system and apps
- Work closely with the design and product team to iterate on UI/UX
- Relentlessly optimize the iOS experience of buying with Postmates
- Help with building and growing the team via hiring, training, and mentoring
- Bachelors (BS/BE) in Computer Science or a related field
- 4+ years experience in building consumer-facing, iOS applications with custom UI and animations
- Proficiency in Swift (preferred) and/or Objective-C
- Expertise with native iOS SDKs such as UIKit, Core Animation, etc.
- Expertise in iOS performance and optimizations
- Excellent communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong sense of ownership and drive
- Sharp problem solving skills and ability to resolve ambiguous requirements
- Demonstrated focus on continuous improvement of code, systems, and processes through analysis and metrics
- You’re a self-starter and strong finisher
- You’ve worked at or started a small company where you had to wear many hats
- You prefer problems over tasks
- You’ve worked across the stack
- Competitive salary and generous stock option plan (stay aligned with the long-term value you create)
- Medical, dental and vision insurance and it’s 100% paid for by the company
- Tasty, healthy lunches
- Snack-filled kitchen (mostly healthy, but very tasty)
- Impact-first work environment (no politics, no pandering)
- Huge company vision (we need you to build the future, not just maintain the status quo)
- Awesome office in San Francisco close to mass transit