Chewy - Dania Beach, FL
Chewy is hiring an enthusiastic, self-starting, problem solving and analytical Category Analyst for our headquarters in Dania Beach, FL. The successful candidate will own category performance, strategic projects, and onboarding of vendor partners, including negotiating business terms and assortment strategy. The ideal candidate will have excellent verbal & written communication skills, strong attention to detail, absorb information & experiences quickly and apply learnings, and the ability to analyze & communicate complex problems to internal and external stakeholders. The successful candidate will be flexible, creative, persuasive, analytical, solution-oriented, and able to drive negotiations through to completion. Keys to success also include strong ownership values, founder’s mentality, a passion for innovation, a desire to win, and hustle.
What you'll do:
- Maximize product category sales, by leading onboarding of vendor partners to maximize selection
- Lead strategic projects and develop process improvements to improve efficiency and performance of the team
- Integrate analysis and business instincts into a cohesive category strategy and/or project roadmap
- Conduct research, collect and process economic and statistical data, monitor economic trends, analyze data, and develop forecasts for our online business
- Work cross-functionally with supply chain, private label, finance, catalogue and product teams
What you'll need:
- Completion of a BS/BA degree in Business Administration, Economics, Commerce or related analytical area
- Interest and internship experience in eCommerce, buying, account management, product management, category management, consulting, analytics, finance or marketing
- 1-3 years in eCommerce, buying, account management, product management, category management, consulting, analytics, finance or marketing
- Strong analytical abilities and problem-solving skills (Excel, SQL)
- This position may require travel
- Experience in Excel/SQL
- The ability to use both formal and informal influencing skills across Chewy’s cross-matrix organization
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects - prioritization, planning and task delegation
- Track record of taking ownership and driving results (projects, internships, or work experience)
- Demonstrated ability to work & lead in a team environment
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.