Samsara - San Francisco, CA
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised over $530M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, and Dragoneer.
Samsara is searching for a resourceful and ambitious Corporate Counsel to help build the legal team. In this role, you will focus on facilitating the company’s corporate work and international expansion efforts, but take on a broad range of other legal issues, including customer contracts, intellectual property, and product counseling. The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated and capable of managing a big workload. You will have a strong background in corporate work. You can take ownership of a vaguely-defined objective and drive it forward to achieve an optimal outcome. Your diligence, judgment, and discretion make you a trusted counterpart in sensitive environments.
This role requires an independent yet collaborative individual who excels in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and who can work across multiple teams. We value individuals who are always willing to consider new ideas and do not fall prey to entrenched modes of thought. We want you to be a force-multiplier; making those around you more effective. You have strong communication and interpersonal skills and are comfortable in stressful situations. You focus on the details, and you also have the broad vision to bring large and multi-stepped projects to completion.
In this role, you will:
- Facilitate international expansion efforts, help drive credit facility transactions and corporate financings, and manage corporate governance
- Draft and negotiate contracts of all types, including large scale enterprise software license agreements.
- Answer questions and offer legal advice on a wide range of legal issues across the company.
- Exercise initiative and creativity in solving challenges and accomplishing business goals.
- Support ad hoc legal requests of almost every size and type.
- Work with leadership to drive strategic business and legal initiatives across the company.
An ideal candidate is:
- Attorney in good standing in the United States
- Excellent communicator, project manager, and team player
- Highly proactive self-starter who consistently delivers
- Adaptable, flexible and creative
- Aptitude for maintaining strong working cross-functional relationships
- A practical and proactive problem-solver who possesses strong business acumen and is confident, mature, and calm under fire
- 2 or more years of experience in a law firm or in-house position
- Strong background in corporate legal work
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.