Samsara - San Francisco, CA
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised over $530M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, and Dragoneer.
Samsara hardware products are plug and play, and core to the product portfolio. The hardware team is responsible for industrial design, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering & supply chain. Everyone here has a big impact in bringing products to market. We focus on the key creative/design/problem-solving & bolster our development resources with top JDMs, toolmakers, & suppliers.
Samsara’s Hardware NPI Engineer is responsible for driving Samsara’s 3rd party manufacturing partners to ramp high-quality, well-validated new products. The NPI engineer will manage key new product planning & operations for pre-production builds from prototype through production, across Samsara’s portfolio of Industrial IoT products.
A NPI Engineer may work on:
- Driving Samsara pre-production builds from a technical, operational & materials-management perspective
- Adeptly managing Samsara’s JDMs to deliver high-quality new products & key materials on time
- Establishing new product quality control standards & process controls with Samsara engineer(s), ensuring strong implementation & ongoing execution by CM manufacturing partners
- Supporting reliability engineering validation process with Samsara engineers & manufacturers
- Collaborating with ODMs & Samsara engineers to develop & implement manufacturing process & testing flow, equipment/ fixture designs, implementation schedules & validation plans
- Communicating project readiness, track major risks & corrective actions, & creatively problem solve issues that arrive during builds & production ramp
- Collaborating with engineering on key component selection
- Negotiating & communicating product cost(s) with key internal stakeholders
- Developing robust processes for analyzing field failures & implementing corrective actions with engineering or factory process team(s)
An ideal candidate has:
- 5+ years experience in hardware engineering or operations program management - proven ability to effectively manage factory build events & vendors
- BS or MS degree in Engineering required, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering preferred. MBA a plus.
- Proven track record of effective 3rd party (JDM) communication & oversight
- Strong communication & organizational skills
- Attention to detail & ability to manage detailed build planning
- Self motivated, proactive, creative & critical problem solving capabilities
- Ability to support international travel for build events
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.