Sony PlayStation - San Mateo, CA
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Manager, Software Development in Test – Audio and Video Technology
PlayStation HQ in San Mateo, CA
Are you passionate about high quality and have an eye for detail? Would you like to help ensure PlayStation software runs smoothly for developers and users? Do you want your work to influence the most successful gaming platform of all time?
Sony PlayStation’s R&D group is looking for a motivated and creative hands-on manager to not only lead an advanced testing team but also to develop sophisticated tests and tools to verify PlayStation Audio and Video software’s functionality and features.
- Lead day to day Audio & Video API testing operations to ensure the best quality work for PlayStation SDK.
- Work with engineering teams and partners to develop test strategy and craft test plans, test procedures and test reports.
- Write test applications to verify all level of Audio and Video API functions and features. These applications or test-cases will be written in a combination of C/C++ and Python.
- Creating automated testing scripts for daily and release testing and integrate those to CI system.
- Design and build infrastructure for build and test automation. Typically this infrastructure will be built using Python.
- Responsible in standard methodology in software development and test for assigned projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent (MS CS is preferable)
- Proficient C++ programming experience (2 years min.)
- History of successfully leading software development and/or testing team
- Development using Python (1 year min.)
- Experience with different version control systems ex: Git, SVN, Perforce.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent development and debugging tools experience on both Linux and Windows.
- Prior experience with PlayStation®4 development is a highly desirable.
- Familiarity with HEVC, H.264, H.265 and different video codecs is desirable.
- Familiarity with different Audio formats and spatial audio technology is desirable.
- Familiarity with continuous integration systems such as Jenkins or BuildBot.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.