WillowTree - Charlottesville, VA
Who We Are
WillowTree is an award-winning digital product agency driven by innovation and grounded in strategy and user-centered design. We create long-term partnerships with the world’s leading brands to design and build digital flagship products crucial to their core business. We are one of the largest independent digital firms in the US. Some of our clients include HBO, National Geographic, Anheuser-Busch, and PepsiCo.
The Software Test Engineer is a highly-autonomous role with endless opportunities to impact our teams, clients, and company through your innate curiosity. You’ll advocate for continuous delivery and build quality in the entire software development process.
*This is not a remote position and may require some travel.
- You’ll consistently drive the quality and health of software projects
- You’ll apply critical thinking to products, requirements, and processes to confidently deliver high-quality software
- You’ll define and craft testing solutions, including both manual and automated aspects of testing
- You’ll dive deep to solve obscure issues
- You’ll collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of developers, designers, and clients
- You’ll provide mentorship and give constructive feedback
- You’ve developed test plans, test cases, and executed tests on an array of platforms (e.g. mobile vs. web)
- You’ve owned the QA process on projects with multiple Test Engineers
- You have experience with test automation frameworks for mobile and web apps (e.g., Selenium, Appium, XCTest UI, Espresso)
- You have a strong desire and appreciation for continuous learning
- You’ve collaborated with others to solve tough problems that go beyond your own skill set (e.g. improving test environment stability, building robust build pipelines, etc.)
- You’ve written test or application code in at least one development language
- You’ve built, extended, and used test automation frameworks
- You enjoy taking ownership of tasks within a team and solving problems
- You’re a self-starter who embraces new technologies, enjoys researching new tools and applying them as needed
P.S. In an ideal world, you hit all the bullet points we listed, but hey — we know that’s a lot of bullets. If you feel confident about a good amount of them, we can ramp you up on the rest.
- You’ve worked on agile teams in new product development
- You have experience with integration/end-to-end testing of backend services
- You’ve used performance and load testing tools (e.g. JMeter)
- You’ve tested complex and large mobile apps
- You’re familiar with unit testing frameworks ( e.g. TestNG, JUnit, xUnit)
- You have experience using virtualization and containerization to scale test automation (e.g. Selenium Grid + Docker)
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
We want you to reach your fullest potential and part of your professional development at WillowTree will include dedicated time to innovate on passion projects and an annual stipend to fund your professional pursuits.
WillowTree celebrates our differences and provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.