Hello Fresh - Aurora, CO
Green Chef is the leading and first certified organic meal kit company in the US. We are passionate about making it easier to eat healthfully at home. Founded in September of 2014, Green Chef is already a national force with hundreds of employees and tens of thousands of customers relying on us to help them eat well.
In 2018, HelloFresh Inc. saw something special in Green Chef and brought it into the Hello Fresh family. Green Chef is now part of one of the fastest growing startups in the US, and part of the world’s largest meal kit family as we tirelessly work to disrupt the food industry.
We remain focused on delivering healthy, organic meals, designed for busy people. At Green Chef, we believe in creating thoughtful food experiences from planting to plating. We strive to create greater interaction and meaningful connections with the food that nourishes us, the people who provide it, and the ones we share it with. Green Chef offers a variety of specialty lifestyle plans including Keto, Paleo, Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten-Free, Omnivore, and Carnivore.
The Produce Specialist is responsible for the continuous quality of received produce, as well as the rotation of product and ensuring availability of product for daily production. The Produce Specialist reports to the Produce Manager.
- Receive/check-in all produce orders
- Computer knowledge in Google Docs, Excel, and basic data entry
- QC of all produce; ensure that all produce sold is of the highest quality possible
- Responsible for rejection of incoming produce that is not of quality standards
- Ensure accurate inventory of all produce
- Establish handling and rotation procedures for all produce items
- Manage the organization of all produce for production
- Manage all produce handling processes (inventory, storage practices, and QC care practices)
- Oversee production line handling of produce items to ensure proper prep methods are followed
- Coordinate with Warehouse Manager, Produce Manager and Produce Buyer to develop accurate loss percentage on each produce items.
- Regular and timely attendance
- Coordinate with Produce Manager to ensure all produce is ordered properly
- Coordinate with Producer Manager and Produce Buyers regarding at will pick-ups
- Ensure that all invoices are properly distributed to appropriate Produce Buyer
- Communicate all rejected produce deliveries to Produce Manager in a timely fashion to ensure proper credits are issued
- Work with Produce Manager and Produce Buyers regarding proper disposal/donation of products
- Promptly communicate all safety related issues and concerns
- Any and all other functions as determined by management
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Strong produce knowledge
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to lift 50 pounds regularly
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time
- Regular stooping, squatting, bending, twisting, and walking
- Warehouse environment
- Must be able to withstand temperatures ranging from 45 degrees Fahrenheit to -20 degrees Fahrenheit
Our team is diverse, high-performing and international, helping us to create a truly inspiring work environment in which you will thrive!
It is the policy of Green Chef and HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.