PeaceHealth - Vancouver, WA
PeaceHealth is seeking a Dietary Aide - (Per Diem) Kitchen PHSW Medical Center for a per diem, Variable shift position.
Req ID: 169247
This position is responsible for performing diversified duties in the kitchen and the tray line.
- Ensure dishware, flatware, pots and pans are clean and sanitized. Responsible for cleanliness and sanitation of dish room and carousel.
- Assists in assembly of patient food trays on tray line.
- Deliver and retrieves patient food carts to patient floors. Delivers floor stock to patient floors.
- Stocks small wares in cafeteria server.
- Checks and records dish machine temperatures in HACCP log.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Related experience preferred.
- Valid Food Handler’s Card
- Basic computer/keyboarding skills
PHSW PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion at least 66% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 75 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to skin or lung irritants; extreme cold or heat; sharp instruments such as kitchen knives, scalpels, etc.; or dangerous equipment
- Job duties occasionally require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (less than 34% of work time).
- Operates motor vehicle on urban roadways up to 25% of each day.
There may be more than one opening on this posting.
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Vancouver community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Location: Vancouver, Southwest Medical Center (150)
Job Category: Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support
Shift Length: 8 Hours
Work Type: Per Diem/Relief
Hourly compensation starts at: $12.36, more depending on experience
Required Certifications/Licensure: Food Handlers Card - Washington
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Vancouver || Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support ||Food & Nutrition Services || Per Diem/Relief || CLINICAL SUPP SVCS
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.